Tuesday 10 May 2011

St Ives Bay and long, long beach.

This beach went on for ever. Had a laugh looking back at my tracks which were weaving all over the place. Probably walked twice as far as I needed to.

Asked the lifeguards which campsite I should aim at. Churchtown Farm. Gwithian. Good call $8.50 and all the hot water I want.

Picked up good reception and started blog, messages and mail.

Thank you Susan and David from Barrie Ontario for your kind words (mousehole cat) and hope you have great stay in Wembury. If you walk east to Ringmore there is a great pub called Journeys End. Also suggest car ride to Bantham and visit Sloop Inn. Also Hope Cove and lunch at Hope and Anchor. Brit pubs are the best. I know ! Also visit Plymouth Barbican and do the History. Mayflower and Pilgrims.

Have strolled up the road to the Red River Inn for quiet meal, couple of pints and some tucker. Quiet....this place is pumping...turns out it is tenant's last night party. Might stay for another......it will help me sleep Jo !
NB : Thank you Allison Honoker for kind donation. Keep at the path, and hope your walking trip continued to be successful.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Richard, Sounds like your still enjoying the walk and the beer ;-) Nice stretch now, if you ignore Hayle, and make sure you drop in to the driftwood spars in St Agnes (I don't think I needed to tell you that). My knees are recovering nicely now I'm back riding my bike 15 miles a day. Keep going and hope you complete it on time. Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last another commentator!! Well done Tim. Guess you must be camping tonight or the wrong side of a gallon of tribute!! Wot no wifi in your tent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just testing to see if Blog is back?

    ReplyDelete